By Mita Bhan ( A US Certified Psychic Tarot Reader and Holistic Healing Practitioner based in DLF City, India)
WHAT LOVE REALLY IS?
The more I connect with the energies of love during meditation, the more questions the tarot answers about love, the more I realise just how much more there is to learn. Over the past few weeks the majority of the tarot and psychic readings have to do with the various shades of love in our lives. Some came asking about a long lost love, some wanted to know about whether they had found their soulmate, some hoped to find answers to a loveless marriage, and some just wanted to know if love was coming into their lives. That’s what prompted me to write on what I understood of love. What it is. And what it isn’t.
- Free. Love comes when it wants to. Nothing and nobody on this planet can make anyone fall in love with us. Love cannot be bought or sold. It’s free.
- Self Love. The only way we can be ready to receive love is when there’s an adequate amount of love within us. The first step towards attracting love is to love yourself. Self love isn’t selfish or only about pampering ourselves. It begins when we accept ourselves just the way we are.
- Love is addictive. It is a high and all we do is hold on to the memory, the look, the connection. Our whole lives are spent searching for that happy high. But love is not a drug for the low times. Love is oxygen, all around us from the time before we were born and it will endure for a long time after we die. The first step in learning about love is becoming aware of the amount of love already in our lives. Think of the people who you love, who love you, the things you love and you’ll get an idea about the force of love.
Love Is Not…
- Trying to change or rescue the other person. The minute we believe the other person has to be a certain way, we’re asking for disappointment. All of us are perfect just the way we are. And love is acceptance.
- Expectations. Expect too much and we only get hurt. Expect nothing and prepare for pleasant surprises.
- Always the Same. Love changes, grows. People get closer or drift apart. Loving relationships require hard work and commitment from both parties. Loved ones will change over time.
- Predictable. We never know when we fall in love. And no one can tell us either. If it happens, we just know.