5 REASONS HE IS NOT THAT INTO YOU
By Nairita Mukherjee
The missing calls, the acting funny and the not-so-serious attitude are but signs that reveal the most dreaded trepidation in a woman’s life — well, he is just not that into you, anymore! But what could be the reason for his flimsy behaviour? Did I do something wrong? How can I fix it? These questions often linger through our thoughts but most of the time we do not have appropriate answers to them. Before you start whining over them, take a look at these reasons and see if they fit the bill. Who knows, maybe you can turn it around just in time for Valentine’s Day?
1. You nag a lot…When was the last time you asked him to do something and did not remind him five times (or more) till he finally got up and did it? When you do it more than twice, it’s no longer a gentle reminder, it’s called nagging!
What to do? Stop it right away, of course! Just like you fancy your own space and hate anyone standing on your back, poking and pushing you, so does he. So live and let live is the new mantra.
2. You are an expensive girlfriend…If your idea of a romantic date is roses, French fine-dining and champagne; you ought to know that you are high-maintenance. In that case, would you blame him for not being able to put up with your shenanigans especially in these tough times?
What to do? It’s time for you to realise that love has nothing to do with money. Sometimes a quiet, cosy in-house date, with just the two of you cooking together and giggling away into the night, is far more enjoyable than a full course meal at a restaurant. Are you up for it?
3. You treat him like your BFF…We are not stereotyping here but no man would actually help you choose between a salmon pink and a coral pink dress. Let’s face it, they are not you best friends, and therefore you can’t drag them along anywhere and everywhere you go. Period!
What to do? Instead of fussing over how he never comes with you for shopping, accept the fact that there are certain things a guy will never be up for. Once you’ve done that, plan outings with him which doesn’t include shopping or meeting the folks — not without his consent for sure.
4. You have changed, a lot…Remember the sexy siren you used to be? Where are those high heels and the seductive lingerie that won him over in the first place? Now all you do is lie around in sweatpants…boring!
What to do? Just because you are dating for a long time, don’t let yourself go. Bring out the sex appeal and show him what a bomb you still are. And for heaven’s sake — don’t forget the make up!
5. You don’t give him enough opportunities…There was a time when the both of you were always busy with each other, if you know what we mean? Sex is but a chore now and rarer than a hen’s teeth.
Image courtesy: Thinkstock/Gettyimages